15 Facts You May Not Know About Rollie...
1. Rollie said many would never believe it but he was an Alter Boy from the age of seven to eleven and served the six a.m. mass EVERYDAY for 5 years like the mailman ,through Wind ,Rain and Snow. Every Irish mother wants a son to be a priest. I don't know maybe that's what kept me alive all these years. I still know all the Latin.
2. He ran in the first Phoenix 10K back in the Seventies.
3. He ran in the first Runners Den Classic 35 years ago.
4. He rode in the First Tour De Tucson. There were 375 riders, now they have 10,000.
5. He has run several marathons and Triathlons.
6. He ran his first Boston Marathon back in 1965 . He hit the wall hard at Heartbreak Hill which is the only race he has not finish.
7. His first good pair of running shoes Onitsuka Tigers now Asics cost me $13.95.
8. His first good road bike was a Schwinn Varsity that weighed 38 lbs. Cost me $ 250.00. The wheels alone weigh more then my current bike does,maybe because my wallet is lighter.
9. He is an avid New England Patriots fan and went to their first game when they were the Boston Patriots in 1960.
10. He is part of Red Sox Nation and will always despise the New York Yankees.
11. He is a pescatarian, with a weakness for chocolate chip cookies.
12. He enjoys reading books about ...(Mafia, boxing and Fitness…)
13. He once drove a tractor from Chandler down Scottsdale Road and knocked over a Gas Pump after filling it up with fuel. Police and Fire Department didn't think it was too funny.
14. He met the love of my life Amie at a Road Race New Years Eve 13 years ago. Trained her for her first marathon now she's the runner in the family and Rollie says he is a broken down old jock.
15. His sign is Cancer