Andrea Goudge’s Story:
Who would think swimsuit shopping could be fun?
Most of us think swimsuit shopping could NEVER be fun, but Cindy Feltman Angulo’s 12-week Best Shape of Your Life program made swimsuit shopping fun for me!
In the summer of 2010, my fitness level reached a low point. I found myself opting out of my favorite strenuous activities because of fear of injury and fear of failing. Who is that person? Certainly not me! I wanted my body and my mind back with my usual “can do” spirit and physicality!.
I committed to Cindy’s 12-week Best Shape of Your Life program in September 2010. At that time, I tipped the scale at over 150 lbs and over 30% body fat – too much for my 5’4” frame. Cindy turned on the heat with her intense 4-day split weight training program, cardio days, focused stretching, nutrition counseling and education sessions. I made great progress – weight loss, fat loss, improved strength. Fear of sliding backwards prompted me to commit to continue work outs with Cindy through the Thanksgiving and New Year holidays. During this time, I actually lost weight and body fat when the average person gains 5-7 lbs. I needed a new wardrobe because I dropped from a size 10/12 to a 4/6! Best of all – swimsuit shopping was fun!
Some highlights of Cindy’s program for me included:
- Clear goal setting and testing and the beginning and end of the program
- Consistent, regimented 4-day split workouts through a 12-week progression – this process REALLY works!
- Specific cardio days designed to push your out of your comfort zone
- Nutrition monitoring and coaching with food logs
- Access to amazing resources through the program such as PT assessments, nutrition education, and physician presentations
- Camaraderie and support from other committed people in the program -- for me, I now find that there are so many more friendly faces and new friends at the Village because we’ve all been in this together!
I still train with Cindy off and on, but I also learned my way around the weight room and design my own weight lifting and cardio routines! I’ve stayed committed to my fitness and nutrition regimen and have kept off the weight and body fat for two years! All totaled, I lost over 20 lbs and over 12% body fat. Best of all, I am physically and mentally stronger than ever. My commitment to Cindy’s program was about getting my life back – no more fear of failing, no more fear of weakness, no more fear of injury. Truly, the Best Shape of My Life! Thanks, Cindy!
- Andrea Goudge