12 Facts You May Not Know About Heidi
What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- I moved to Mexico with my
hubby to get into the bar/restaurant business. “Nothin’ to show but this brand new tattoo. But it’s a real beauty, a Mexican cutie; how it got here, I haven’t a clue.”
Do you prefer sweets or salty?
- Sweets. I had a Swedish Fish addiction (no joke). I am happy to say I have been clean from these chewy, gooey red fish for three months now. I feel (and look) so much better! Sugar is the beast…keep it out of your diet!
What’s your favorite vacation spot?
- I just found out it is Key West. I recently traveled there on a cruise and fell in love with this paradise city. My husband and I are now planning a trip back.
Who is your favorite musical artist and do you play a lot of their music in your classes?
- My spin playlists are inspired by Classic Rock, and I always have a great line-up of my favorite artists in class, including Tom Petty, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Janis Joplin, John Mellencamp). Boot Camp…get on your hip-hopin’ sneakers because anything goes!
How many places have you lived in your life?
- Five! I was born and raise here in Scottsdale, then moved to Minnesota, moved to Las Vegas, then back to Arizona, then to Colorado, then to Mexico, and now back in Arizona!
What is your favorite animal?
- Elephant…this is the yogini in me. Hail to Ganesha, the remover of obstacles. Do you have pets at home? No pets, just two dog kids. LOL. Roxy (Italian Greyhound) is my spunky showgirl who we brought into our family when living in Las Vegas. Buddy (Yellow Lab) is a Katrina rescue, and he is the sweetest, most loveable soul.
What was your favorite subject in school?
- English. I have a journalism degree from Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism.
Other than the current classes that you teach, what is another class you would love to add to your portfolio of classes?
- Mind to Muscle (this is yoga with weights). You will always find me in the weight room if I am not on the mat. You will always find me on the mat if I am not in the weight room. This format blends two of my favorite things, helping to develop a strong body and mind!
Seafood, meat or vegan?
- Seafood AND meat! (Not the yogini in me) I enjoy fresh seafood any day of the week. I enjoy a juicy red steak (almost rare) or Kobe beef burger on ONE special day of the week!
Favorite restaurant in the Valley?
- Durant’s. An oldie and still a goodie!
Favorite movie of all time?
- Foul Play (Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase). The best movie ever! Then Casablanca is a close second.
What would your ideal day look like?
- My ideal day would be a morning spent on the yoga mat, followed by an afternoon soaking up the sun in my new pool with the dogs, and finally a beautiful evening with my husband, the hot tub and a bottle of my favorite vino.