Some Fun Facts You May Not Have Known About Paula
What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
“The craziest thing I've ever done is quit my job, pack my bags and move to Europe. Oh what an adventure it was. I lived in Geneva Switzerland. While I was living there, I got married in Zermatt Switzerland at the foot of the Matterhorn. “
Do you prefer sweets or salty?
“I prefer salty over sweet but I really like them mixed together. I've just recently tried to take as much sugar out of my diet as possible. Not as easy as you think.”
What’s your favorite vacation spot ?
“My favorite vacation spot is the French Riviera. There is nothing more beautiful (and romantic) then the beaches of Cannes or St. Tropez.”
What kind of music do you like to play in your classes, and do you have a favorite artist?
“It's difficult to pick just one favorite musical artist.....I don't think I have one. I love all types of music but I'm an oldies junkie. I actually use many re-mixed versions of oldies in my ZUMBA class. My father was a jazz musician and I have deep admiration for all artists. So, if you took a peek at my ipod you'd find everything from Stan Kenton to Elvis to Pitbull. “
How many places have you lived in your life?
“I've lived in 4 different places in my life...... California, Europe (Switzerland), Ohio (yes, Ohio) and Arizona. “
What is your favorite animal? Do you have pets at home?
“My favorite animal would be the rabbit. I had a huge red floppy eared bunny growing up. She was the bomb!! I love dogs too and have two large dogs.....My lab Zippy and my mixed with everything Chloe. I rescued her.”
What was your favorite subject in school?
“My favorite subject in school was MATH and whatever I had last period. I was not the best student :)) I played field hockey and volleyball so PE and after school sports were my favorites too. “
Seafood, meat or vegan?
“I try and eat healthy but I do sneak in a good steak or a crazy dessert occasionally. Everything in moderation is how I like to do things. Trust me, I don't deprive myself of a thing.”
Favorite restaurant in the Valley?
“My favorite restaurant in the valley is Ocean Club. Not only is the food great, the people watching is outstanding!!”
Favorite movie of all time?
“My favorite movies of all time are White Christmas and The Sound of Music. I cry every time.”
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT PAULA:
- I grew up in Northern California and I am a hippie at heart!! That explains some of my music choices for my ZUMBA class. My family is from Napa Valley.............which is why I love, love, love a good wine.
- I have 4 sons and one grandson. Two are step sons and two are my own. They range from 16-34.
- I play golf and at times can be pretty good. My handicap is 13.
- I always loved to dance.....at a bar, at a club at a wedding, but never dreamed of teaching. I took my first ZUMBA class 3 years ago from Tracy Anctil at DC Village and was hooked from that day on. I got my certification and was teaching all over the valley within a few months. It has become a passion of mine......a chance to make people smile and get a great cardio workout. I absolutely love my job and am blessed that it came into my life.
- I have a degree in business Marketing and Advertising. I attended San Diego State, San Jose State and Chico State Universities. I think they were all voted #1 party schools so I had to hit them all.
- I worked in the semiconductor business back in the early 80's. This was during the time the industry was booming. They would give anybody a job back then! I was 22 years old, fresh out of college and had the world at my fingertips. I was in the International Marketing department and travelled all over the world negotiating contracts. Those were the days.