Of all the activities to try, why should you play tennis? It's more than a great way to stay active. the folks at the tennis Industry Association share the top 10 reasons why you should start (or keep) playing tennis.
- A longer life Scientists and doctors around the world point to tennis as one of the healthiest activities taht you can participate in because it delivers overall physical, mentala nd emotional gains. It will add years to your life.
- A happier life Tennis engages your mind and body at the same time, unlike a traditional workout at the gym. Because tennis players are more confident, healthier, less stressed, and more socially interactive, they're just plain happier.
- It's social On court and off, you're guaranteed to make friends through tennis. Tennis encourages interaction, communication, and is just fun. Plus, it's graet for making business connections too.
- The whole family can participate No matter the age, gender, ethnicity, ability level or fitness level, tennis is perfect for families to play together. Few other sports can offer the opportunities for families that tennis can.
- Tennis teaches life lessons Particpants, particularly youngsters, develop a work ethic, learn sportsmanship, accept responsibility, manage mistakes, enhance discipline, learn to compete, cope with pressure and adversity, develop healthy habits, learn teamwork and more.
- Tennis is anything you want it to be Looking for a competition, social play, team camraderie, a good workout, time with family or friends, tournaments and national championships? Tennis has all of that and more. The sport can be anything you want or need it to be.
- It's fun At every level of the game and at every age, from 10 and under tennis through the most super-senior leagues, players have fun while getting a great workout.
- It develops your mind Tennis requires alertness, tactical thinking and problem solving, and evidence suggests it may generate new connections between nerges, promoting a lifetime of continued brain development.
- Fitness The constant movement ad action in tennis will burn calories, build muscle, increase bone strength, improve flexibility, fine-tune coordination and enhance overall health and fitness.
- It's a sport your can play your whole life There's no other sport you can play throughout your life, from the earliest ages to your altest years - that gives you the physicalm mental, emotional and social benefits that tennis gives you.
Want to learn more about Tennis at The Village? Click here to learn about our programs at our clubs.